Re: RFC - Changing current policy of debian.net entries

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 05:01:11PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> mentors is a special case here as it might distribute non-distributable
> stuff when people upload buggy packages. So there is no real way to run
> this as official Debian service imho.

Let's avoid spreading this myth.  The above is not true or, better, it's
not *necessarily* true. As I've reported about in the past, I'm working
with current maintainers of mentors.d.n and the lawyers we've access to,
to fix this. It's still work in progress, but it looks like that with
appropriate policies / terms of use documents, we *might* be able to
host the mentors service on Debian hardware without endangering the
organizations that legally owns or run it.

Cheers.