Re: DebConf travel sponsorship (was: Re: [Debconf-team] Budget status - travel sponsorship)

* Iain Lane <laney@debian.org> [2012-06-20 16:25]:

> Decisions and transfers of money should happen significantly before the
> conference is to take place. 4-6 months, as you suggest, is probably
> about fair. I would very much hope, given the importance of Debconf,
> that Debian is willing to underwrite this cost.

I disagree here. For documentation and accounting purpose tickets and
similar invoices are required. From experience if you give money out
first you are hunting documents forever. However if we take the usual 6
weeks credit card delay period into account it should be possible to
reimburse, provided copies of the documents are sent in time, within
that period.

yours Martin