Re: Planned changes to Debian Maintainer uploads

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 01:57:49PM +0200, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> We plan to instead implement an interface where developers upload a
> signed command file to ftp-master to grant upload permissions instead,
> similar to dcut.  This could end up looking similar to this:

Hi Ansgar, thanks for the news. The idea of making technically simpler
the action of granting upload permissions to DM looks great. Thanks (to
ftp-masters et al.) for working on that.

I'm just curious about the syntax. What you propose looks significantly
different from the syntax of the other commands at
ftp://ftp.upload.debian.org/pub/UploadQueue/README , which are oneliner
command lines. That has allowed trivial integration in dcut, which is
essentially agnostic to the actual command syntax. OTOH structured
syntaxes like the one you propose are easier to extend and generally
more expressive.

Do you plan to switch all *.commands to structured syntax as part of
this change, or do you rather plan to have both structured and oneliner
syntaxes coexist?

Cheers.