Re: General Resolution: Diversity statement results

On 06/06/2012 01:08 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I think there may be information in people's non-normalised votes.
> For example on the diversity ballot `-2' seems to say `I'd rather just
> forget about this' in a way that `-1' doesn't.

Or "my mail client broke my vote and I didn't catch it and fix it".

My vote of '12' was rendered precisely as '-2' by icedove 10 and 11 + enigma 1.4 and 1.4.1
respectively because it insisted on rewrapping the whole response the minute I pressed 'Send' (in
spite of all efforts to make it not do that: a promising looking setting in engima, a plugin someone
on #debian-devel suggested ...). I wonder how many other votes were affected in this way?

I eventually gave up on icedove+enigma in disgust and just cast my vote via mutt.

Ben