Re: General Resolution: Diversity statement results

Stefano Zacchiroli writes ("Re: General Resolution: Diversity statement results"):
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 03:24:37PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > The voters' preferences are a bit annoying to grep for etc. because
> > they aren't normalised.  So I wrote the script below, just now.
> >
> > If someone would like to include it in some package with a suitable
> > name, and perhaps give it a manpage, please do so.  Alternatively feel
> > free to just take it of course.
>
> Rather than having a separate utility to do so packaged, I'd rather
> prefer to have devotee output normalized tally sheets. Doing so seems
> compatible with the transparency principle of Debian public votes. The
> existence of "obscured" votes due to the lack of normalization seems to
> be nothing more than a bug in how we present results.

I think there may be information in people's non-normalised votes.
For example on the diversity ballot `-2' seems to say `I'd rather just
forget about this' in a way that `-1' doesn't.

> Did you consider turning your script into a devotee patch? devotee is
> written in Perl too, so it's potentially not to hard to just plug your
> script in as a patch.

Where is the source code to devotee then ?

Ideally there would be a link to a copy of the actually-used source
code on the Secretary's output pages.

If I could get a copy of the Secretary's running source code I could
also change it so that options were lettered rather than numbered.
That would be /much/ less confusing...

Ian.