Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Anonymous donation" to Debconf 13

This point makes an awful lot of sense. Is it actually against an official policy to consider (not accept, mind you, since it was not actually accepted) an anonymous donation with strings attached? While it may seem that certain things are "common sense" we really cannot hold people to unstated policies for rather obvious reasons. Imagine if packaging was approached in such a way!

The activity that seems more concerning to me is the allegedly purposeful misrepresentation of the character of the donations by DebConf personnel . While I can't find anything in the Debian Constitution explicitly stating that official personnel must not lie about their activities, I think we can all agree on that one. It would be nice if the consequences of such an action had already been spelled out before now.

I'm not suggesting we figure out these questions in this thread. It might be important to take up a separate discussion spelling out a policy for officials. They really should understand, in advance, their obligations and have a clearly spelled out reference to guide their activities.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com