Re: ditching the official use logo?

On Mon, October 1, 2012 12:27, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I haven't touched (nor looked into) the official logo. My impression is
> that that that logo is massively underused and basically unknown to most
> of our public out there. My personal take on it is that we should simply
> ditch it, focusing on a single logo (the "open use" one) with a
> DFSG-free license, that we do now have.

I agree with the idea of discontinuing the 'official use' logo (remove it
from the logo page and/or moving it to the 'other promotional images'
section), but not before relicensing it to the same free terms as the
'open use' logo. This would mean that any remaining existing use is hereby
sanctioned under the broader terms, or that someone who finds a use for it
may to so under free conditions.

Cheers,
Thijs