Re: Review of personal information sources in Debian

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:22:55AM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:

> Here you go : http://wiki.debian.org/ContributorsInformationSources
> Others, I haven't re-read the thread, to add other contributions to the
> discussion to the wiki page.
> Feel free to edit it at will.

I've added MIA and Carnivore, mostly as stubs, which were mentioned to
me in a private email.

UDD was also mentioned to me, but I don't know if it should be added to
that list. It probably shouldn't if it's just an alternative interface
to existing data sources.

However, it probably should if it is storing unique information, or if
it is distributing information to a larger audience than the original
data sources. For example, UDD exports carnivore data to anyone who has
an alioth account, but can carnivore itself be accessed by people who
just have an alioth account?

Ciao,

Enrico

--