Re: DebConf travel sponsorship

]] Bernd Zeimetz

> That pretty much depends on your credit card company. My VISA card is
> from my "normal" bank and there is no delay at all, the money is just
> gone from my bank account as soon as I pay with it.

That's a debit card, not a credit card, then.

> If invoices are required, then Debian should book flights for people or
> find some other solution to receive those documents, without asking
> people to book there flights in the hope that they will be reimbursed
> later - the result is probably that those people who are not able to
> attend without being sponsored are not able to come at all because they
> can't pay that sum in advance.

I'd happily use my credit card to book tickets if I had an up-front
commitment from Debian I'd be reimbursed, whether I needed to provide an
invoice or not.

(Heck, I (personally) would be ok with doing it off my debit card too,
since I can afford the liquidity without wanting to bear the cost myself.)

And of course, others might have tighter liquidity and so what you say
applies.  I just don't think it'll apply for everybody.

--
Tollef Fog Heen