Re: Debian 7

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Nik K wrote:

> Debian 5 was awesome. It could be used out of the box. Debian 6 seems like
> an alpha. You can't do anything out of the box. I couldn't even install
> anything because there was no where obvious to do so, and I'm not going to
> hunt around for something over a stupid reason.

I suggest that you file constructive bug reports so that the specific
issues you have found can be fixed in Debian 7 (wheezy) if they
haven't already been fixed. Some links:

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

> Please make Debian 7 like Debian 5.

I would suggest you install Debian 7 on a spare machine or in a
virtual machine to try it out and see if it meets your needs. An alpha
of the install media has been released:

http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2012/20120513

> I'm fed up with Ubuntu and it can go and fuck itself.

I think this way of thinking is not helpful to anyone, neither you,
me, Debian or Ubuntu. Ubuntu, like Debian or any other project, makes
decisions according to the priorities and goals of the people involved
and doing work. Like Debian or any open project you are free to join
Ubuntu and do work towards achieving your own goals within the
project.

In addition, please don't post profanity or non-constructive mails: