Re: Diversity statement for the Debian Project

On 03/23/12 15:28, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
So, I wrote a draft - mainly based on the one [4] created for Ubuntu
by Matt Zimmerman with the help of Mary Gardiner, Valerie Aurora
and Benjamin Mako Hill - and I'd like to propose it to the DPL to be
official published.

Thanks for doing this.

However, I'd prefer it if we acknowledged and published this by way of a General Resolution.

It's not that I don't think the DPL is empowered to publish it without a GR but I think that a) it feels better to me to have statements that express the whole project acknowledged and voted on by everyone b) it will give the whole "welcoming everyone/not discriminating" statement more weight.

Best regards,
Faidon