Re: Appreciation

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Lewis Gunsch wrote:

> I would like to just say thanks for creating such an awesome OS! I have used
> Debian for years as a server. I know that I can count on it to be up and
> running with minor maintenance for many years! It has been stable, reliable,
> and I have been able to count on it working. I much appreciate this; I can
> proudly run my Debian servers without worry.

Thanks for your kind words :)

Should you wish to contribute back, you could:

Install and enable the popularity-contest package on your servers.
This helps us determine which packages are actually used.

http://popcon.debian.org/README
http://popcon.debian.org/FAQ

Install the devscripts package on your servers, regularly run the
rc-alert, wnpp-alert and manpage-alert scripts and get involved in
fixing single issues as you have time.

Install the debsecan package, read the resulting mails about security
issues on your servers and get involved in fixing them.

Donate some money or hardware:

http://www.debian.org/donations

More ideas here:

http://www.debian.org/intro/help