Re: Logo violation

[Alain Belkadi]
> Maybe not the right place to send this info but someone is using the
> Debian Logo on a film festival website.

Thanks for the report.  As already noted, that logo is "open-use", you
can use it for pretty much anything.

Beyond that, it is an unfortunate fact that our open logo is _very_
similar to a custom brush shape shipped in Adobe Photoshop.  (Our logo
was chosen in a public contest; I suspect if anyone had noticed this
when we chose the logo, we would have disqualified it.)  The Photoshop
brush probably explains many instances of "borrowing": other people
incorporate the same Photoshop brush into their own graphic designs and
logos.

--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/