Re: Gnome3 :s

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 04:24:42AM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le mercredi 14 septembre 2011 à 09:19 +0800, Paul Wise a écrit :
> > On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 3:44 AM, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> >
> > > (I think GNOME Shell is awesome too, BTW. I just don’t have the hardware
> > > to run it.)
> >
> > Hmmm, I think Debian should get you a new GPU that you can use for
> > testing GNOME 3, especially if it is supported by the free drivers.
>
> Seriously, I can afford a new GPU if needed.
>
> And actually I just tried again, and with the latest radeon driver it is
> still slow, but usable now. (Which is consistent with the fact some
> GNOME developers have exactly the same GPU.)

What exactly is slow on your system? I'm using Gnome3 (with gnome shell)
and it works pretty well. But then, it's not using many effects, is it?
At least I don't see the compiz-like bubbling windows or anything. Am I
missing something here? Or is my hardware just to good? :P

Hauke

--
 .''`.   Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org>               www.jhr-online.de
: :'  :  Debian Developer                                 www.debian.org