Re: Gnome3 :s

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 3:44 AM, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> (I think GNOME Shell is awesome too, BTW. I just don’t have the hardware
> to run it.)

Hmmm, I think Debian should get you a new GPU that you can use for
testing GNOME 3, especially if it is supported by the free drivers.

I have tested GNOME 3 a couple of months ago with the nouveau drivers
on a year old nVidia desktop GPU and was pleasantly surprised that it
worked pretty well. There was one glitch with the menu turning white,
but I guess that was a driver issue that may be fixed in the meantime.

CCing the DPL, I think this fits under here:

http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DPL/AskingForMoney#Suitable_Money_Requests

--
bye,
pabs