Re: DEP: 5 Machine-readable debian/copyright - License specifications - Link broken

Le Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 05:54:41PM -0400, Scott Kitterman a écrit :
> On Sunday, September 11, 2011 05:34:38 PM Charles Plessy wrote:
> > http://git.debian.org/?p=dbnpolicy/policy.git;a=blob;f=copyright-format/cop
> > yright-format.xml http://wiki.debian.org/PolicyChangesProcess
>
> "This is not a proposal to change the policy in the short term."
>
> Is the short term over or is the presence of this statement in Debian Policy
> (git anyway) merely ironic?

The Debian Policy itself, which is the main document distributed in the
debian-policy package but not the only document, does not mention the DEP at
all.

While I have also objected having both works co-distributed, I now think
that the debian-policy package is a good place because we can take advantage
of it to easily publish the DEP and its revisions with the same mechanisms
as the sub-policies in “http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/”;,
and because the policy changes process is well suited to the maintenance
of a standard specification.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy