Re: Using corporate accounts when posting to Debian mailing lists

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:10:49PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> I wonder if this is the result of corporate pressure, or if this is
> somehow encouraged by the de-facto list policy.
You'll never find me using a corporate address. The IP and surveilence
rules are just plain crazy these days and I'd rather have all my Debian
or other Free Software email go to a nice sensible mutt reader than get
tangled into the corporate exchange servers. In fact, my corporate email
address has no hits in google.

A few simple mutt hooks and I can use the debian.org email address for
Debian related work. It's just a lot easier that way. I largely agree
with what Russ said except in my case I do use my own domain because
corporates get funny about email use. I've also had my own domain
(and worked on Debian) far longer than I've stayed in one place.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ    http://www.enc.com.au/       csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux      http://www.debian.org/       csmall at : debian.org