Using corporate accounts when posting to Debian mailing lists

This is mostly an etiquette question, and I'm not sure if this is the
right mailing list to post to.

I've noticed that compared to, say, ten years ago, relatively few
mailing list posters use corporate accounts (or accounts readily
attributable to some larger organization).  This phenomenon is not
restricted to Debian mailing lists.  If the sender's mailbox looks
corporate (or the topic of the message involves stuff you usually do
not run at home), most of the time, no mail signature with extended
contact information (web, phone, fax) is used.

I wonder if this is the result of corporate pressure, or if this is
somehow encouraged by the de-facto list policy.