Re: DEP: 5 Machine-readable debian/copyright - License specifications - Link broken

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 06:34:38AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> It has been proposed that upon release of the version 3.9.3.0 of the
> debian-policy package, DEP 5 will be published somewhere on www.debian.org as
> version 1.0 of the ‘copyright-format’ specification, and I have not seen
> objections of principle against this.

> I trust the Policy delegates to not release 3.9.3.0 before making sure
> that there are no serious issues with the DEP, and think that the DEP can
> be marked ACCEPTED after that publication.

As the DEP is not yet in a state that it should be accepted, I don't think
it's appropriate to ask the Policy maintainers to tie the timeline of the
3.9.3.0 Policy release to the DEP bugfixing.

Nor is it appropriate for you to declare that modifications to the DEP "now
follow the [Policy modification process]".

Per my discussion with Lars, and as indicated in his previous mail, I will
continue to follow the DEP process on debian-project to get bugfixes applied
to DEP5 and will ask the policy maintainers to sync with the DEP when I am
satisfied that the language is correct.  (Note that I have no intention of
driving any further changes to the *format*, but the existing *language* is
too ambiguous for something that's supposed to be a machine-readable
standard.)