Re: DEP: 5 Machine-readable debian/copyright - License specifications - Link broken

Le Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 09:45:18AM +0100, Lars Wirzenius a écrit :
> I'll note, in public, that after meeting with Steve in person, and
> having had a friendly and constructive discussion about DEP5 with him,
> I'll be stepping down from an active drivership role, at least for
> a while, and Steve will take care of getting any linguistic or other
> changes that he feels should be done, and push things through to a final
> version. Meanwhile, I'll ignore everything to do with DEP5.

Thank you very much Lars for all the time and efforts you put in this DEP.
Under your leadership, we made many progresses and are very close to
completion.

I do not think that we need a driver anymore for DEP 5.

DEP 5 is now integrated in the debian-policy package under the name
‘copyright-format’ and its modification now follows the same usual procedure as
the Policy itself.  Issues that are not done nor pending can be found in the
BTS by searching for the string ‘copyright-format’.

http://git.debian.org/?p=dbnpolicy/policy.git;a=blob;f=copyright-format/copyright-format.xml
http://wiki.debian.org/PolicyChangesProcess
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=debian-policy;include=subject%3Acopyright-format

It has been proposed that upon release of the version 3.9.3.0 of the
debian-policy package, DEP 5 will be published somewhere on www.debian.org as
version 1.0 of the ‘copyright-format’ specification, and I have not seen
objections of principle against this.

I trust the Policy delegates to not release 3.9.3.0 before making sure that
there are no serious issues with the DEP, and think that the DEP can be marked
ACCEPTED after that publication.

BTS reports for language bugs in the current draft, especially significant
ones, are for sure welcome.  Peer review of the existing bugs – and by
extension all the 164 bugs of the debian-policy package – is also welcome, as
getting patches seconded by enough developers is sometimes a bottleneck.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan