Re: relationships with GNU as an upstream - call for feedback

In gmane.linux.debian.devel.general Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> In short: if you are maintaining a GNU package [4] in Debian, I'd like
> to hear from you. Please mail me comments about your relationship with
> GNU as an upstream, whether it is good or bad, and whether you have
> specific desiderata that are general enough to be mentioned to GNU as a
> project rather than to individual GNU maintainers.

> [4] http://www.gnu.org/software/software.html#allgnupkgs
[...]

Hello,

the only aspect I can think of where there is a real difference to
other upstreams is related to the licensing. Besides the obvious (e.g.
the push for using the latest GPL/GFDL), the fact that they care about
licensing helps.

Maintaining GNU software is usually less work, since they care about
documenting copyright/license. With other software keeping
debian/copyright up to date can be quite time-consuming.

cu andreas
so grateful to you.'