Re: Debian hardware certification

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:

> The point is to have a system so that manufacturers can write "this
> system supports Debian". If they don't want to do the work, we could,
> and help each other by having a list of hardware that is known to work
> with Debian, and a list of hardware with issues. If they do, it's best,
> and IMHO we should help. Finally, I believe we should have a central
> point on Debian's website so that this can happen.
>
> Maybe a wiki page might be a good start, until we setup something better.

Such a database is being generated now at http://h-node.com. The FSF is
also consolidating its former compatible hardware database there. Since
h-node lists hardware that works without proprietary drivers or
proprietary firmware, it should be a good fit for Debian main from
Squeeze on.

-john

--
-John Sullivan