Re: blends linked from the main debian page

[ Cc:-ing the bug log, for context see Andreas full mail at
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2011/04/msg00037.html ]

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:33:17PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> So the question is: What Blend is actually worth beeing mentioned on
> the main page?

Sure, that's a relevant question. But after all, it's a policy question
as many others that the -www team has to do when deciding what should go
on the first page and what should not. So let's proceed one bit at a
time.

We seem to agree here that "some" sub-projects deserve to be on the
www.d.o main page and that there should then be a link pointing to "more
sub-projects ..." [1]; no one has objected to this yet. Once the -www
team has had a chance to comment on that proposal, I guess they can give
us useful feedback such as how many sub-projects would be appropriate to
mention directly on www.d.o. At that point, I believe the decision of
which sub-projects can be easily delegated to the blends mailing list.
If you feel like, I'll be happy to provide some guidance as well, given
the choice pertains to the realm of Debian communication strategy at
large.

Cheers.

[1] BTW, for that to become a reality, it would be better if the Blends
    team at large (+ other relevant subprojects) consider turning into a
    proper WML page the index currently at
    http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends