Re: git-copyright-scan: find authors missing from DEP-5 debian/copyright

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:
> if DEP-5 specified the format of Copyright lines, then in many cases it would
> not be possible to cut and paste verbatim the upstream notices.

Understood. I think we can live with the current situation and maybe
later consider adding a recommendation ("SHOULD" and not "MUST") for the
copyright line format.

Btw, are there cases where a license mandates that a verbatim copyright
notice needs to be used? If yes, then we might need to support both
Copyright-Verbatim: and Copyright: fields...