Re: Gnome 3 and the future of the default Debian Desktop

Le vendredi 08 avril 2011 à 22:12 -0500, Joe Neal a écrit :
> At issue is the apropriateness of a desktop that refuses to run on a vast
> ammont of graphics hardware as the default for The Universal Operating System.

And here goes the FUDfest.

Let me make things clear: in Debian (and several people upstream fully
agree with this position), we intend to support the GNOME fallback
session (using gnome-panel and metacity) with the same quality level as
the default (shell) sesion. There are just too many cases where 3D
doesn’t work.

kthxbye,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette