Re: git-copyright-scan: find authors missing from DEP-5 debian/copyright

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 12:21:49 +0300, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:

> Could we compare git log against debian/copyright? git-copyright-scan is
> a proof-of-concept that tries to locate authors that are listed in git
> log but are missing from DEP-5 debian/copyright.

While I'm in favour of making managing coypright/license stuff
easier, there's another problem with this approach:
Authors (and committers) are not necessary copyright holders, so I'm
not sure if this really helps; maybe as a hint to take a closer look

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Supertramp: It's Raining Again