Re: Debian honoured with LNM award for Outstanding Contribution to Free Software

Hi again!

Am 07.03.2011 09:41, schrieb Alexander Reichle-Schmehl:

> While it is called the "Linux New Media" award, the decision of whom to
> honor with them isn't done by the company themselves, but by a bigger
> jury, consisting of over 300 representative community members,
> developers, journalists and companies.  Deciding in a secret vote.  To
> the best of my knowledge, there's nothing similar.

Sorry, I forgot to mention one small, but important detail:

The voting period for the jury ended on December 23, 2010, so long
before 'Squeeze' was released.  So we can be quite sure, that the Jury
didn't followed the Squeeze-Hype with their decision, but really thinks,
we did something great :)

Best regards,
  Alexander