Thanks for a great OS!

Hello,

I just want to say "thanks" for Debian. I've decided to switch systems after my Windows 7 distribution, shipped with the Lenovo laptop, suddenly stopped responding to my input (and persisted in this behavior even though I've restarted the system several times), and decided it's the last time I'm at mercy of Micro$oft and its incompetent team. After sitting for a while on Slax (probably a nice distro that nevertheless worked badly with Lenovo) I've installed Debian Lenny, then upgraded to Squeeze, and even though figuring some issues out took me a while, the system is now working perfectly (better than any Windows distribution I've ever used). Furthermore, I've now a powerful, configurable and customizable system stuffed with great and free software (definitely better choice of development tools than Windows) at the cost of a broadband connection and the few CD that I had to buy to have something to launch the installation from.

  Once again, thanks for providing the system FOR FREE.

  Alek Mosingiewicz