Re: DEP5: Public domain works

Le Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 09:24:30AM -0500, Michael Terry a écrit :

> The current situation means that public domain files are not likely to
> be recognizable in a machine-readable way.

This is a good point and I realise that the thread started in August by
Colin Watson ended witout a conclusion.

http://lists.debian.org/20100802152823.GJ21862@riva.ucam.org

Public domain is of course not a license, but you point at a potential benefit
in using the License field to record that a work is in the public domain.

Perhaps the producers and consumers of that information could comment on whether
they think is worth considering to modify the DEP at that stage.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan