Re: DEP5: CANDIDATE and ready for use in squeeze+1

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:14:01 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:

> > (Of course, the Source field is also redundant for a great many
> > packages where it would be the same URL that goes in debian/control's
> > Homepage field. IIRC, the hope is that policy is eventually changed to
> > not require the copyright have that redundant information.)
> I disagree on that point. The home page of the project is a different
> fact from the description of where the source was obtained. If they
> happen to be the same, that doesn't obviate recording both facts.

In theory, yes.

In practice, in my experience  most packages have exactly the same
URL (maybe with one path part more or less) in debian/control,
debian/copyright and debian/watch.

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: George Harrison: My Sweet Lord