Re: commercial spam on planet

Hi Holger,

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> (08/11/2010):
> since a while, we see unsolicted commercial links and images on
> planet, mostly about flattr.
>
> […]
>
> How much spam do you find tolerable? Would it be ok if I sell
> advertisment space on my blog and syndicate this to planet? You
> know, I need to eat too...

for sure I didn't imagine a 100x17 bitmap was generating so strong
reactions. I guess I shall thank you for having started this thread,
which showed how many people are annoyed. Feed updated to conform
(strictly) to the DMUP, thanks.

(I guess I didn't have “financial gain” in mind when I added this link
at the bottom of my posts, rather the opportunity to see whether
people liked getting status updates about the packages I maintain, or
stuff I do in general.)

Mraw,
KiBi.