Re: What is annoying in the flattr buttons?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com> writes:

> Anyways, you should not complain when someone asks you to give them
> money, even if it results in you feeling guilty for not complying.

I respectfully disagree.  Depending on the context and the situation, I
may consider someone asking me to give them money to be intrusive and
obnoxious, and I reserve the right to complain when it happens in shared
public space.

I'll also say, as a general point, that most sentences that start with
"you should not" that concern standards of interpersonal ethics such as
this one are on very shaky ground.  They're culture-dependent, unlikely to
be universal, and not very likely to change anyone's behavior.