Re: d-d-a (and/or d-announce) on planet.debian.org

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 01:29:56AM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> I have almost never published something from d-d-a in news.d.n because
> I have assumed people is subscribed to the mentioned list and it would be
> redundant [1]. However, I am happy to start publishing this stuff in
> news.d.n, if there is a rough concensus it will help to improve the
> visibility and people do not mind the redundancy.

Personally I would welcome that. I acknowledge the redundancy too, but
I'm used to a little bit of redundancy in blog aggregators such as
planet; I consider it to be kind of inherent in the notion of
aggregation. What would be useful is clear tagging and consistent title
prefix (e.g. "d-d-a: ...") so that people can easily skip specific type
of messages.

> And BTW, if you have something you want developers and users know but you
> think it is not worth an email to d-d-a, you are welcome to submit
> it to Debian News :) [2]

Hint hint, let's flood Ana with news :)

Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams