Re: DEP-5: Files field and filename patterns

gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> writes:
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:19:21 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

>> I discovered at some point that all entries need a trailing ./ -
>> e.g. debian/control is not valid - it needs to be expressed
>> ./debian/control

> Oops, that means that probably (almost) all debian/copyright files in
> the Perl group are invalid at the moment.

A previous iteration of DEP-5 allowed patterns like debian/control without
the leading "./".

I don't think I really care that much what pattern syntax is used as long
as it's completely documented in DEP-5 (with the exception that I don't
think we need to explain file glob patterns, except that DEP-5 should be
clear about whether {} is allowed or not).  I find the references to find
behavior very confusing and never guess correctly about what find would
do.