Re: DEP-5: general file syntax

Le Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 09:29:33AM +1200, Lars Wirzenius a écrit :

> For Disclaimer, and Comment if we add that, it might be helpful to have
> empty lines, but word-wrapping is definitely needed. Newlines are not
> significant.

Hi Lars,

some debian/copyright files contain extracts of correspondance between the
maintainer and an upstream person, for instance when the status of some files
need to be clarified.

Would they be removed, transferred to a non-parsable section of the file (with
a mechanism to be determined, for instance similar to DEP-3), or would they be
suitable for comment fields (if we introduce them).

In the case they are put in a comment field, ignoring newlines is likely to
make them difficult to read.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy