Debian accepting Social Micropayment?

Hello,

there is a new advent on the Internet horizon which is the social
micropayment. Regular web users pay in some money and distribute that
with respect to their clicks in the web. I feel that Debian should
somehow participate with that, i.e. we should have links whenever we
display a package in the bts or in the pts, that allows the user to
"flattr" or otherwise support that package. The amount collected should
then go to upstream. Maybe we should not do this for all packages but
only when upstream asks for it.

Needless to say, there should be separate opportunities for Debian and
its Blends to collect money by the same mechanism. What do you think? We
don't talk about much money here. At least not yet. It is more of a
general decision. And it is also interesting to see what bits of Debian,
beyond popcon, the users like best.

Many greetings

Steffen