Re: [DEP5] [patch] Renaming the ‘Maintainer’ field ‘Contact’

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:25:39 +1200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> On pe, 2010-08-13 at 20:43 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Am I missing some other Debian document somewhere that says we should be
> > providing upstream contact information in debian/copyright?
> There's also the Homapage: field in the package description.
>
> I don't have a use case for a Maintainer/Contact field in
> debian/copyright. Can anyone bring one up?

I remember CPAN maintainers (sic!) being interested in the status of
their modules in Debian.
Without a Maintainer (or whatever) field in d/copyright (or somewhere
else but I don't know a better place) we are not able to provide a
mapping for that.

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    BOFH excuse #237:  Plate voltage too low on demodulator tube