Re: DEP-5 meta: New co-driver; current issues

[Lars Wirzenius]
> * a "Comment" field would be good
> * license shortnames/keywords: the set of keywords probably needs work,
>   and hopefully can be compatible with what other projects use; the
> * file globbing syntax
> * clarify the text so it's clear DEP-5 won't require more precision
>   than is currently needed

Is it worth adding metadata to make it easy to extract all the
acknowledgements you have to add to your advertising materials to
comply with old 4-clause BSD licenses?  It wouldn't benefit me, but
maybe it would benefit CD vendors.  Of course, I'd hope there isn't too
much software in Debian anymore that still has those clauses.

To people new to free software (10 years or less), see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html for a pretty good summary of
the issue I'm talking about.

Peter