Re: where can I get etch debian package?

Hello,

On 10/26/2010 09:53 AM, Naufal Alee wrote:
> I'm using SBC with ARM and using Debian Etch. Usually, I download any
> package at Debian website but now I can't see the etch package anymore. Can
> I get it? or Where can I get it?

Well, etch is the old stable release, which is no longer
supported, really. The current stable is called "lenny",
which is soon to be replaced by "squeeze".

I don't know SBC and there may be something in your question
that I am missing. There are two general answers to your question
if you are aware of the new releases but don't want to upgrade.
One is called backports.debian.org, which does the best it can
do to port newer versions of software to the older libraries of
previous releases.

The second answer is snapshots.debian.org, which is an
archive of all the packages that have at one time been associated
with any release. And I would be somewhat surprised if
etch is not also covered by that effort.

If you cannot find what you were looking for, then ask on
a debian-user mailing list of your region. You may find other
suitable mailing lists here http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/subscribe

Hoping to have helped

Steffen