Re: shapado.debian.net now available [Was: user support]

El dom, 03-10-2010 a las 18:12 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli escribió:
> On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 06:01:16PM +0200, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> > hmm. Nothing against promotion of the shapado software, but wouldn't
> > it make sense to use a domain that has some more expressiveness?
>
> Sure, but please don't ask me to decide one.  The proposals I've heard
> thus far are: {faq,ask,answers}.debian.net. I don't particularly like
> "FAQ" because a couple of people, including myself, have the impression
> that FAQ in the FOSS world is something a bit different, a bit more
> stable over time, than what shapado is.  I quite like "ask".debian.net,
> but it was proposed after the setup have been done already.
>
> Changing is easy: it just requires changing the instance configuration
> (Fernando and/or Luis can do that) and then set up a redirect from
> shapado.d.n to the new name.  Feel free to find a consensual name and
> ping me (as the d.n registrar) once it's done.

Totally agree, the change is very easy but as we start with shapado.d.n
after the change please redirect shapado.d.n to newname.d.n at least to
give time for a bookmark update from the users and give us time to
update blog posts and other publicity currently mentioning shapado.d.n.

Currently the available options are:
    ask.debian.net
    shapado.debian.net (current)

Discarded:
    faq.debian.net (because Debian have the Debian FAQ document) [1].

Feel free to suggest any other name alternative ;-)

Regards,

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/
--
Fernando C. Estrada