Re: Local, custom and persistent (/etc) config files in Debian

Dear Jonas,

2010/10/1 Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>:
> I feel your question is inappropriate for this list, which is for
> non-technical discussions.  I suggest to repost to either d-devel or d-user,
> depending on what you mean by "we" in last sentence above:
>
> "We" (Debian developers) must obey Debian Policy for all packages, which
> means we are quite limited in how we can have one package configure another.
>  "We" (subdistributions, sysadmins and other Debian users) on the other hand
> can do whatever we like - but can only expect non-interactive upgrades of
> pieces not customized by us.
>
> Quite interesting dilemma, but wrong list IMO.

  I also though to post on debian-devel, but it felt inappropriate in
this stage of the release cycle. It seems to me and I posted to this
mailing-list to explore unknown cases where people might explain their
own cases and if its a common issue rather than just a localized one.
In any case, I shall follow your advice and post to more appropriate
place. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón