Re: user support - Shapado instance for Debian

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 02:08:03AM -0500, Fernando C. Estrada wrote:
> > One thought, if no-one feels comfortable supporting it, we could reach
> > out to the Shapado developers and see if they might be willing to help
> > maintain an instance hosted on "Debian infrastructure".
>
> That's a great idea, I sent two messages to the Shapado developers.

So, they've replied to -project [1], thanks Fernando for getting in
touch with them.  The offer is clear: we can use the instance they setup
and have "shapado.debian.net" point to their server. If we decide to
move they will export the data for us; they have declared publicly in
[1] their willingness to do so. I've no problem in trusting their
declaration on that, as long as we advertise "shapado.debian.net" as the
main access point and not "debian.shapado.com".

Fernando and Brian, AFAICT you're not DDs so you can't setup
"shapado.debian.net". I can do that for you, please get in touch with
the Shapado people about where we need to point shapado.d.n to. Please
reply to me in private (M-F-T set accordingly) and I'll set up the DNS
entry.

Cheers.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2010/10/msg00003.html

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams