Re: *-dfsg packages

* Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> schrieb:
> Le jeudi 23 septembre 2010 à 22:20 +0200, Enrico Weigelt a écrit :
> > I've had problems with developing *-dfsg source packages several
> > times (the most evil case was mysql-5.0.x, where the orig source
> > tree is totally unusable and is repaired somewhere within the
> > build process with certain ugly sed hacks).
> >
> > This is really ugly.
>
> This is a non-issue.

For me it actually was an big issue. A few month ago, I had to
add some additional features to mysql-5.0.x and later package
it to Debian. The packaging (changing the existing package to
contain the new features) took more time and was much more complex
than the actual feature development (including testing the new
features).

> I???d suggest spending time fixing real bugs instead.

Actually, that's one of my largest working areas. But not distro
specific (distro packaging is always the last step in the workflow).

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666