Re: DEP5: non-DFSG repackaging documentation

On ma, 2010-09-13 at 14:54 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> There should still be an explanation in debian/copyright of what that
> script does, since that's the Policy-required location for specifying
> where the upstream source came from.

Oh, I thought only devref was requiring that to be in debian/copyright,
not policy. In that case, I need to change my opinion. I would still
like to avoid a whole mini-language in debian/copyright for documenting
the transformation. A free-form text (perhaps in Disclaimer?) should
suffice, I guess.