Re: Debian FTPMaster Meeting, September

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 09:59:46PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> >>  - dak policy
> >>    That is, a command so $whoever_DD can do "policy work" on a suite,
> >>    which is otherwise run by ftpmaster. Examples: backports.org,
> >>    volatile, possibly p-u. The teams of that define which packages go
> >>    in those suites, while ftpmaster runs the suite (and has the usual
> >>    legalise stuff and general rules around the archive).
>
> > Will the "other" suites have policy changes as deeply as volatile has
> > suffered since you took over?
>
> If that means getting rid of such abominations as the clamav-data has
> been, then we will happily make any such ones, yes. Sanity is better
> than that.

Given that the former admin of debian-volatile actually asked me to
use clamav-getfiles to upload current clamav-data, it is very
disturbing to have one's work vilified like that by the new admin.

I bet that not only me will take this as a reason for reducing time
spent on Debian since one doesn't know whether one will be called
names tomorrow.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190