Re: MIT and Expat licenses; licenses ‘similar to’ a BSD license (Re: [DEP-5] [patch] License table: more links and licenses.)

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 06:39:26PM +0200, Carsten Hey wrote:
* Charles Plessy [2010-08-15 00:20 +0900]:

If consensus converges on using a ‘similar to’ keyword, I will submit a patch.

I see the problem you want so solve and I'm unsure if a such a keyword addition would finally make DEP-5 easier to use or more complicated. Anyone else?

I welcome such addition.

For "my"[1] packages I discovered a few places with such slight changes in wording, and I have already had confused readers asking me about the (perceived) inconsistency in using a shared license paragraph or not. A clear (and standard) hint about similarity would help her, I believe.

 - Jonas

[1] Some of "my" packages really are team-maintained - and ideally all of them should be.