Re: About DDs not maintaining packages

Hello,

2010/7/3 Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org>:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 07:01:18PM +0200, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
>>
>> (There are more official Debian Developers in that city but they didn't
>> reply to the calls, and they do not maintain packages at least in some
>> cases, so probably they should resign from Debian, by the way.)

Which city is this one?

> While most of the DDs usually do maintain a few packages at least,
> you can be very active in Debian without maintaining packages.

I totally agree. For one thing, it seems that new maintainers look
after having something new into Debian, which we already are full of
it. I would say that it is more worth to support good orphaned
software than yet another useless stuff.

Besides maintainers role, there are more roles in Debian (porting,
managment, quality assurance, translators, conference organizers,
admins, etc...) So I do not believe the "how many packages do you
maintain?" is a good metric to measure a DD work and if he should
retire the project.

Excuse my english wording, I am not native speaker (yet).

Kind regards,
--
 Héctor Orón

PS
  Ana, I do not know were did you quote that text from, but let Manuel
know about my feeling if possible.