Micro or Mini SD Cards

Dear Debian Project,

I want to purchase a new Core i5 notebook with a Micro and Mini SD Card Reader installed on the machine. Is it possible to download Debian and then format a 16GB Micro or Mini SD Card and then install the operating system onto the Micro or Mini SD Card and then boot the laptop with the Micro or Mini SD card in the card reader instead of using the hdd from the bios. Heres the link to the laptop I want to purchase.

Any form of assistance would be greatfully appreciated.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/vn-e-series/vpcec1s1e-bj