Re: The role of debian-private

Re: Enrico Zini 2010-06-09 <[🔎] 20100609140853.GA3377@enricozini.org>
> So, some people are advocating in favour of a private mailing list for
> DD chatter. The fact that that idea is being very vocally pushed by no
> less than two people prompts me to double check some fundamental facts
> about the Debian project.

I think the basic problem is that some threads live longer than their
original subject and tend to degrade in chatter about random other
topics. New mailinglists wouldn't solve that problem as the threshold
for randomness is different for everyone, but some debian-offtopic
list could make make sense. (I wouldn't join it.)

Too few MUAs have a button for "don't bother me about new mail
in this (sub-)thread".

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/