Re: Invite to join the Release Team

Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> writes:

> The whole thing about secrecy is exagerated AFAICS as there just is not
> much to tell. The reason these things mostly remain private is that
> there is not much to tell and making things public without the consent
> of everyone involved is not done.

A general rule of thumb that has served me well in many cases in volunteer
organizations:

    If you feel like you are out of the loop and things are being done
    behind your back, it usually means there is no loop, and nothing is
    getting done at all.  -- Donovan Baarda

I do realize this has not always been the case in Debian, which makes
people twitchy (understandably), but I think it's still far more often
then case than not.